Monday 7 May 2012

Back Home


I had a great time over in Vancouver and apart from no one being able to find the adapter for the Cintiq (which sort of put a downer on any serious live sculpting for my 6 hour session..shame as I was really rareing to go) everything went fine.  Some of those there near the end got a small preview of something I have been working on over on the software side of things that the rest of you will see some time this week.  There were a host of excellent speakers, some of who I missed due to trying to track down some tablets for a headache due to the bloody hotel only having 2 sachets of coffee in each room per day! (I have that before breakfast lol).  So cue on killer caffeine headache for a lot of us lol.




About 5 or 10 mins before my Lecture


I met a lot of great people I'd not met before this trip and had a excellent time, all be it that I spent most of my free time holed up in my hotel room working on 'something'.  In fact all but the last day the extent of Vancouver I saw was MacDonald's and  various star bucks on Robson street.

The journey back home was a nightmare as on the plane form Calgary to London I was stuck next to no less than 6 screaming babies.  So sleep on plane = zero. Also my new phone went arse up and I had to try something I'd never tried before and knew sod all about...rooting my phone in the cafe in Heathrow terminal 5 while hardly able to stand after nearly 30 hours awake at that point.  By some miracle I managed it... although last plane was late and I ended up seriously zombiefied by the time I got back home.

Still...it was worth it.