Sunday 15 April 2012

Sunday Warm-Up 2

Sargent Tarkels...not many people sculpt him now do they? lol

I do all sorts of sculpts just for me that never ever see the light of day. I suppose in this case it could be classfied as 'fan art' sort of loosely as its based on the concept sketch for Sargent Tarkels...the 'other' gungan in episode one of star wars. As Terryl Whitlach is also a lecturer at Anomaly in a couple of weeks time in Vancouver, so when I saw her post the concept for this on her facebook page, it seemed the ideal thing to do as a warm up sculpt.

I have changed a few minor things here and there, I played around with the idea that the older a gungan got the longer and more droopy his snout would get....why...well why not? Plus its not as if everyone and his dog has done a version of this unlike just about every other star wars creature lol.

Now normally I dont post stuff based on other artists work or thing from films / comics I may sculpt as wamr ups because as a rule I try to make sure to ask for permission and suddenly then it gets all serious and stops being a fun warm up sculpt. (Thus negating the whole idea of a fun warm up)

If I had time I'd clean this up a fair old bit as its more than a tad rough to my eyes ..... but as a warm up...it'll do.

If you want to find out or details of the line up of lectures for Anomaly 2012 then visit the link below. I'll be doing a 1 hour lecture and demo on a certain type of photoreal environment and then a 6 hour demo on the creature / sculpting side the same day. (Where you can come and have a chat, ask questions, tell me how much you hate my accent etc...although all assasinations attepts must be from 11-11.30pm only I am told LOL :) )