Thursday 1 December 2011

9 years ago a Woman Walked into a Party......

WARNING: sloppy lovey dovey shit ahead!

9 years ago I was sitting at a party in Stevenage that was one of the only times I partied surrounded by people didn't know in a strange location. When a woman walked into a party it was love at 1st sight and I swore that was the woman I'd spend the rest of my life with. We're still together and now we have 2 kids.

Like any relationship it hasn't been easy especially in the early days when I would commute by train from Durham train station to Dover just to spend time with her. Anyone who knows me it takes a very special person to make me do that. Everyone we both knew repeatedly said it wouldn't last and that we were wrong for each other...everyone except a small handful of people. The majority were wrong and we're still together 9 years later.

Like any relationship at times its been far from easy but like anything that's worth doing, it's worth it. Kat hates her photo taken and hates being on video even tonight when filming a timelapse of putting the xmas tree up she refused point blank to be anywhere near where the camera was. So most of you reading this won't know how beautiful my wife is. But of a shame really. But in a rare moment of sloppy lovey dovey shit... so all my love to the one woman able to put up with me for any length of time apart from my mother. For that reason alone she deserves a medal as big as a bin lid.