Tuesday 9 August 2011

New DLSR and more Durham Cathedral stuff





I finally got a replacement for my stolen 550D back when I was at end user event (or more correctly on my way to end user event). After thinking long and hard I had narrowed it between a 60D, a &D, and a Lumix GH2. As theres not adapter for EOS lenses that works the way I wanted them to that doesn;t cost a small fortune I went for the 60D. The only reason I didn't got for the 7D was simply as it weighs a lot more. as I don't drive and hate carrying the weight of a small dead body around I went for the 60D. Why not the 5D mk2? Wel as its overdue the mk3 coming out it'd be folly to spend that much on a camera that could be outdated very fast. Plus there is a rash of other good cameras (inc the sony full frame one) due out very soon so I didn't really feel like taking a gamble.

As I'm not a fan of pixel peeping and chances of aything of mine ever being on a large projected screen are so close to zero that its thinking of it as zero it wasn't an issue to me. Although having the ability to do some good still was. I rarely use auto focus, or auto anything to be honest as it makes me feellike I know what the hell I'm doing. (Whether that be the actual case or not lol).

My dad has his triple bypass tomorrow morning so hopefully you'll all keep your fingers crossed. Its not as straight forward as it could be due to some existing health issues. Right now I'm trying not to think about it as I'd be a nervious wreck.


I did a bit of a dick around with the Durham cathedral model I'm doing for my FXPHD course I'm teaching this year, nothing major just basically to unwind, but for those interested you can see it above. Its a fair bit down the actual cathedral this time as I was getting sick of rendering long shots lol I still have the entire altar area to design as well yet.